Monday, June 14, 2010

I Love My Garden!

Photobucket

june 14

My Garden as of tonight...that's right, I actually got these up on the day I took them!

I decided to pull up my potted lettuce. They were looking very yucky and bug eaten. I planted a few seeds of both lettuces in the bales just to see how they would do.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am also feeling like my snap peas need to be rethought about in the fall when it isn't so blazing hot. I feel bad for them. They are producing pods but aren't getting as tall as I thought they would.

I discovered that my poor little bell pepper has a black spot. I hope nothing bad happens to it since Hayden is getting really attached to it.

bell pepper

On the other hand, Target was having a sale on their strawberry plants. I decided to grab one and put it in a hanging pot I had bought. It is an ever-bearing variety so it should produce right until it gets cold. Yay!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I was looking at my acorn squash and discovered these.

zucchini

zucchini2

They are ZUCCHINI!!!! I couldn't believe it! I can understand that all squash look alike but I wouldn't imagine Lowes would mess this up. I am not really angry since it is producing.

Pretty much everything is thriving. I am so proud of my little garden.

sunflower
Sunflowers

big bertha pepper
Big Bertha Bell Peppers

lavender
Lavender

basil
Basil

cilantro
Cilantro

green beans
Green Beans

Photobucket
Big Boy Tomatoes

roma
Roma Tomatoes

Carrots
Carrots

cherry
Cherry Tomatoes

cucumber
Cucumber

Photobucket
My eggplants that have outlasted Brady from seeds!

So there is the garden update! I can't wait to start eating my veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment