So I have been thinking about the for a while now. With Hayden, I bf him for 3 weeks and I was DONE. He was horrible, wouldn't latch, too impatient, plus I had no support what so ever right after he was born. This time with Jayson, he was a perfect bf-er. I stopped at 6 weeks because I could not discipline Hayden while sitting on the couch all day with Jayson, feeding him. I feel like I short changed him for selfish reasons. I know that mommy milk is better. I knew so much more this time and I still failed.
I decided Monday that if adoptive moms can bf their non-biological children that I can surely restart and get my milk back for my own child. I know this is going to be hard but I want this so bad for my little boy since he might be my last. :(
So starting yesterday, I have been offering myself to Jayson whenever he is happy. He has his latch skills still but gets rather aggravated there is nothing for him to drink. I have also been pumping every few hours and man do I hurt. I have mother's milk tea coming and fenugreek and also a supplemental nursing system. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can kick this in high gear. I don't really want prescription drugs if this doesn't work bit if need be there are some alternatives that way that I can ask the doctor about.
I am so excited for this to hopefully work. Like I said, I want this so bad for Jayson. He deserves the best, just like I am trying to give to the rest of my family.
I decided Monday that if adoptive moms can bf their non-biological children that I can surely restart and get my milk back for my own child. I know this is going to be hard but I want this so bad for my little boy since he might be my last. :(
So starting yesterday, I have been offering myself to Jayson whenever he is happy. He has his latch skills still but gets rather aggravated there is nothing for him to drink. I have also been pumping every few hours and man do I hurt. I have mother's milk tea coming and fenugreek and also a supplemental nursing system. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can kick this in high gear. I don't really want prescription drugs if this doesn't work bit if need be there are some alternatives that way that I can ask the doctor about.
I am so excited for this to hopefully work. Like I said, I want this so bad for Jayson. He deserves the best, just like I am trying to give to the rest of my family.
I have a tip for you about the aggravation. If you need to, while waiting for your SNS, buy a syringe that has the little limpy noodle thing that attaches on the end and hold that near your breast and slowly dispense a little bit of formula at a time while he sucks.... You won't have to give him a ton, but at least a little so he knows he is getting reward from his effort. Good luck girl! I am proud of you
ReplyDelete