
I definitely went over board buying seeds though. I bought a grand total of 18 different things. Holy crap is what I said too.

So here is the list:
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Basil
Roma Tomatoes
Cilantro
Sweet Yellow Onions
Watermelon
Pumpkin (Hayden's lil garden experiment)
Celery
Lettuce
Butternut Squash
Sugar Peas
Anaheim Chilies
Eggplant
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
Cucumber
Green Beans
Carrot
So that list is huge I know! I am just waiting for the seeds to sprout so I can go and get my straw bales. The seed trays are currently living on my dryer!

Then the next step will be to water and fertilize them for 14 days. I am so super excited!
Brad is starting to make fun of me wanting to go all natural but I say, Its cheaper and better for us. I have had Hayden off of food with excess sugar and high fructose corn syrup for 3 days now and he has already been sleeping later and listening better. We have also been going outside every few hours when I see his energy build up. I think it is helping his hyperactivity!
Oh and last night, I made Italian Lentil and Sausage Soup. I was super tasty. I didn't take pictures but here is the recipe from allrecipes.com.
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound ditalini pasta (optional)
Directions
- Place sausage in a large pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Add onion, celery and chopped garlic, and saute until tender and translucent. Stir in lentils, carrot, water, chicken broth and tomatoes. Season with garlic powder, parsley, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in pasta, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
I'm def trying this recipe!
ReplyDelete